- For new users the software will be made available
free of charge for a testing period of two months.
- After that period the following pricing scheme applies:
A basis price (see below) is charged per year for a single
machine. For additional machines this amount is to be multiplied
by the square root of the total number of machines (e.g. for a basis price
of US$ 3000 and for nine machines the annual price would be US$ 9000,
i.e. US$ 1000 per machine).
- Pricing is on a per site basis. Machines of different
sites may not be lumped together in a single contract.
- Licences will be issued subject to receipt of a signed
- The program is free for Academic Institutions. In
this case the licence agreement must be issued to, and signed by a group
leader at least. Members of the group are then entitled to run the program.
Basis Price Determination
- Until 2011 the basis price has been US$ 3000.
- Starting 2012 a new scheme applies in order to
counterbalance the ever accelerating currency depreciation.
- At the start of every year a new basis price is determined.
- It amounts to the value of 1000 Big Mac's in US$
as taken from the Big Mac Index (BMI)
for the ending year.
- According to this scheme, Moloc's price was just above that of 1000
Big Mac's, on average since Moloc has been available.
- The basis price for 2012 was US$ 4070 which derived from
of US$ 4.07
- The basis price for 2013 was US$ 4200 which derived from
of US$ 4.20
- The basis price for 2014 was US$ 4560 which derived from
of US$ 4.56 (No update at the
- The basis price for 2015 was US$ 4620 which derived from
of US$ 4.62
- The basis price for 2016 was US$ 4790 which derived from
of US$ 4.79
- The basis price for 2017 was US$ 5040 which derived from
the 2016-BMI of US$ 5.04
- The basis price for 2018 was US$ 5300 which derived from
the 2017-BMI of US$ 5.30
- The basis price for 2019 was US$ 5510 which derived from
of US$ 5.51
- Basis prices are now kept frozen at the 2019-value of US$ 5510
Big-Mac data are not freely accessible any more!
- Actually the 2020 Basis price was at a reduced value of US$ 5000
This value will be kept in the future, until further notice.